Company Address: 4500 Blakie Road, Suite 137 London, ON, Canada N6L 1G5
Date: May 11, 2017
Location: London, ON
Job Type: Systems Testing Technician
Terms of Employment: Full-Time Permanent
Language Required: English
Education Required: College diploma/ University degree in related field
Wage: $50,000 a year
Benefits: Disability Benefits, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits
Hours per week: 35
Experience Required: 1+ years
Contact Information: careers@SeQent.com
SeQent is the global leader in Real-Time Wireless Alarm/Event Dispatch and Industrial Digital signage to monitor manufacturing processes and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). SeQent’s subject matter expertise is unmatched and unrivaled in the manufacturing space. Our products monitor the processes of many of the world’s largest manufacturing operations with global implementations in companies such as Intel, Ford Motor Company, General Motors and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Chrysler). Many of the products you will utilize today, including the one you are using to read this posting, have been impacted either directly or indirectly by SeQent’s products. SeQent’s solutions set the standard for large-scale manufacturing real-time decision solutions.
The development team at SeQent builds the foundation for SeQent, and we are building again. Our developers pride themselves in creating applications, which are world class and mission critical. This position validates that our products are released with the high standard of quality and reliability our customers demand in their mission critical environments.
The Systems Testing Technician role is responsible for testing and validating SeQent’s growing suite of manufacturing applications. Systems Testing Technician works closely with our Development team to ensure processes and methodologies are in place to prevent recurring quality issues.
- Collaboration with cross-functional departments to determine the best solution to meet the customer’s needs
- Analyze feature and platform requirements and design test plans
- Create new test cases, as well as maintain and improve existing test cases
- Execute test cases
- Monitor and report on project status and identify issues that may impede the attainment of goals, providing recommendations for corrective measures
- Troubleshoot test case defects
- Take ownership of technical issues, and work with our Support team to resolve more advanced issues when required
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Self-motivated and possess an independent work ethic
- Innate problem solving and logical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Firm grasp of networking, databases, web
- Solid issue tracking and management skills
- Ability to set and manage priority judiciously
- Exceptionally self-motivated, directed and detail oriented
- Knowledge of the Windows Studio development environment, and one or more .Net language would be an asset
- Experience with manufacturing engineering an asset
- Track record of finding creative solutions to unique problems
- Ability to thrive in mission critical situations
How to Apply:
SeQent welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and underrepresented groups. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
To apply, email your resume to careers@SeQent.com with the subject “Systems Testing Technician”.
No Recruiters or Agencies.