November 7, 2016
Location: London, ON (International travel as required)
Company Address: 4500 Blakie Road, Suite 137 London, ON, Canada N6L 1G5
Job Title: Customer Support
Terms of Employment: Full-Time Regular
Language required to do work: English
Wage: Salary + Benefits
Education Required: College diploma/ University degree in related field
Experience Required: 2+ years
Contact Information: careers@SeQent.com
SeQent is the global leader in Real-Time Wireless Alarm/Event Dispatch and Industrial Digital signage to monitor manufacturing processes and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). SeQent’s subject matter expertise is unmatched and unrivaled in the manufacturing space. Our products monitor the processes of many of the world’s largest manufacturing operations with global implementations in companies such as Intel, Ford Motor Company, General Motors and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Chrysler). Many of the products you will utilize today, including the one you are using to read this posting, have been impacted either directly or indirectly by SeQent’s products. SeQent’s solutions set the standard for large scale manufacturing real-time decision solutions.
The support team at SeQent is a critical part of our future success, and we are looking for absolutely and only the best people out there. We take the success of our customers incredibly seriously. We feel their joy. We feel their pain.
The Support Engineer role is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for SeQent’s suite of applications globally. This person will also work on other software and documentation projects as required. For entry-level applicants we are willing to train the right candidate. Support Engineers deliver effective technical customer support to our rapidly growing customer base, delivering solutions to both IT and engineer users. Support Engineers may be required to be on-call on a rotating basis throughout the year.
- Provide high quality support for applications globally
- Taking ownership of technical issues, and working with our Development group to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
- Participation in providing training to customers as required
- Some technical skills that would be particularly useful:
- Knowledge of all server and workstation Windows platforms.
- Knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP and other networking concepts
- Experience with web servers, HTML, and SQL databases is a plus
Our Ideal Candidate
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Independent work ethic
- Client-facing experience
- Written and verbal skills; excellent phone manner
- Firm grasp of networking, databases, web and software products
- Strong issue tracking and management skills
- Valid Canadian passport
- Reliable vehicle
- Experience with manufacturing engineering an asset
- Track record of finding creative solutions to unique problems
- Ability to thrive in challenging situations
This role initially starts working 9AM-5PM for 2 months of training and then changes to the sunset role working from 10PM to 6AM EST, Sunday – Thursday to support our English speaking Asia Pacific customers.
How to Apply:
SeQent welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and underrepresented groups. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply, email your resume to careers@SeQent.com with the subject “Customer Support”.
No Recruiters or Agencies